Sunday, October 17, 2010

Questions from page 39


      I found that John Taylor’s Treaty signing at Medicine Creak Lodge was much more representational than the Howling Wolf. I could see that the detail was finer and the real life figures as if a photo was taken. I could tell that it was an important meeting between two cultures in an undeveloped land. When looking at the Howling Wolf I see the abstract in it. You can look at it and see a story about a place and time. Each depiction of a symbol weather it be a tee pee or the back of a women head painted red. They differ to me one artist is recording a place and event where the other Howling Wolf is telling a story about an event. Each artist depict the land differently John depict it in detail where Howling is showing what was there (trees, water, tee pees) there’s a message with Howling Wolf depict his culture and lifestyle in a primitive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment